This book is appropriate for PreK to Kindergarten.
This is a story about three little kittens and their mittens. At first, they lost their mittens, so they weren't allowed to have pie. When they found their mittens, they were rewarded with pie. Because they ate their pie with their mittens on, they were scolded. They then washed their mittens and were praised.
I think this is an adorable story that explores the idea of responsibility and reward. The lines are very simple; however, when the story is explored more, the lesson is very clear.
You could have students bring in mittens or gloves and teach them how to wash and hang them on a line. This teaches them much about their own responsibility to their things. Also, you could bake pies with them as a reward for them taking responsibility. This is a folklore and a picture book written for children NP.
This is a story about three kittens who do different things that make their mom both happy and sad. Throughout the story they work to make sure they keep their mom happy.
This book would appeal to children that are young and not to those past the preschool or kindergarten age. This is good book for young children because it is brief enough where children are able to repeat the story easily and make it more enjoyable for them. The pictures are very creative and colorful and compliment the story well. I also liked the different tones in the story. The kittens were happy, sad, glad other feelings.
For the age group that this story was written for, their are many extension activities that can be done. For example, the children could draw a picture of their favorite part the story. They can make cat masks and pretend to be the three kittens and put on a show for other classes. Another idea is that children discuss the different emotions that they noticed in the story and also act them out. I’ve always had a love for cats, and my mom used to read this one to me when I was little. Reading it now that I’m grown up brings back so many memories. I have had the pleasure of sharing this book with all three of my children, and it has been a favorite with all three. The kittens' expressions, the cute little mittens, the backgrounds showing home details, the simple, traditional text that has not been messed with too much . . . this book is just perfect. 5* art (love Paul Galdone)
4* nursery rhyme
(I especially like the part about smelling a ratyeah the kittens wear mittens, but they're ALL cat!) We love to sing along with our big book version during Toddler Time! It's always fun to introduce Galdone's version with its lovely illustrations to parents that may not have seen it before. Or realized that you could sing it. Brought back lots of memoriesbeautiful art. 1. This book has not won any awards.
2. I think this book is appropriate for preschool through first grade.
3. This book is about three little kittens who lost their mittens. Luckily, they found their mittens and their mother praises them and gives them pie. Unfortunately, the mittens get very messy after they ate the pie, but being the smart kittens they are, they washed the stains away.
4. I like the repetition in this book, I think it is appropriate for the younger children. I also think the rhyming in this book is really important for the kindergartners and first graders to get a hold on phonemic awareness. It is a really cute story with very adorable kittens.
5. I would use this book to go over rhyming words. I would have the lines from the poems on a board and have students come up and point out the rhyming words. Also, during a read aloud I would read this book using different voices to support fluency. Another activity I would do is have the students predict what would happen to the kitten's mittens next. This book was not only a cornerstone of my childhood, but a lingering influence on my adult life. It taught me to have respect for my personal belongings, the joys and perils of siblinghood, and the symbolic meaning behind a good pair of mittens. Three Little Kittens More Nursery Rhymes Kids Three Little Kittens Three Little Pigs Five Little Dinos Yum Yum Vegetables Song Pat A Cake Apples And Bananas Johny Johny Yes Papa The More We Get TogetherThree Little Kittens Galdone, Paul Livres NotRetrouvez Three Little Kittens Et Des Millions De Livres En Stock SurAchetez Neuf Ou D OccasionThree Little Kittens Livres NotRetrouvez Three Little Kittens Et Des Millions De Livres En Stock SurAchetez Neuf Ou D Occasion Three Little Kittens WikipdiaThree Little Kittens L Nursery Rhymes Kids Songs Published On Aug ,Cute, Fluffy, Little Kittens In Mittens And They All Want Pie Let S All Sing Along With Jess And Her Darling Kittens In The Classic Nursery Rhyme, Three Little KittensThree Little Kittens Nursery Rhyme Three Little Three Little Kittens Is A Popular Nursery Rhyme That Was First Time Published In USA InIt Also Got Popular In UK, And Today It Is Used In Both US And UK Homes, Preschools And Schools Three Little Kittens Is A Quite Long Nursery Rhyme That Tells The Story About Three Little Kittens Who Lost Their Mittens Three Little Kittens Nursery Rhymes Three Little Kittens Three Little Kittens Is An American Nursery Rhyme And Folksong Having Its Origins In English Folk The Modern Version Of Three Little Kittens Rhyme Was Written By Eliza Lee Cabot Follen It Was First Published Inin The United States Anonymously And Only Ten Years Later Under Her Signature Learn With Little Baby Bum Three Little KittensThe Three Little Kittens They Found Their Mittens Lying On The Road Oh, Mother, Dear, See Here, See Here, Our Mittens We Have Found What Put On Your Mittens You Silly Kittens And You ShallThree Little Kittens Wikipedia Jack And Jill
Paul Galdone (1907 - November 7, 1986) was a children's literature author and illustrator. He was born in Budapest and he emigrated to the United States in 1921. He studied art at the Art Student's League and New York School for Industrial Design. He served for the US Army during world War II.
He illustrated nearly all of Eve Titus' books including, Basil of Baker Street series which was translated
- 32 pages
- Three Little Kittens
- Paul Galdone
- 13 July 2018 Paul Galdone